Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation and North Hertfordshire Homes, in partnership with the Royal Institute of British Architects, are delighted to promote “Tomorrow’s Garden City: A Sustainable Approach to Modern Living”.
The ambition is to deliver high-quality, environmentally friendly, groundbreaking housing in Letchworth Garden City.
To bring forward a series or selection of housing designs for implementation in Letchworth Garden City capable of:
- Providing a range of property types and sizes for sale or rent to local people at affordable prices
- Achieving a specific energy benchmark, for example at least level three of ‘The Code for Sustainable Homes’
- Achieving low annual running costs, low lifetime costs, and generally value for money
- Incorporating attractive features and architecture which reflect the town’s status as the world’s first Garden City
- Social sustainability to include adaptability, flexibility, quality, smart houses etc.
How to enter
All competition entries must be submitted to the Royal Insitute of British Architects (RIBA) with an accompanying official entry form. Competition entries will not be accepted by Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation or North Hertfordshire Homes.
Official Competition Entry Form
To register and receive an official entry form, please send a cheque for £35.00 for professionals or £7.50 for students (including VAT), payable to RIBA Competitions.
Your cheque should be accompanied by a covering letter stating the name of the competition and including your name, address and e-mail. This should be sent to:
RIBA Competitions Office,
6 Melbourne Street,
For further information click here.